The Western Australian Institution of Surveyors (WAIS) is a membership organisation dedicated to promoting and representing the profession of surveying in our state.
To be the pre-eminent representative of the Surveying profession in WA.
The Western Australian Institution of Surveyors’ aim is to promote professional excellence for the benefit of society.
Key Commitments and Activities
Since forming in 2001, WAIS continues to go from strength to strength, growing its membership base, introducing new products and services, delivering vital updates on business and technical skills at CPD events and providing networking opportunities throughout the year.
We hold well attended annual state and regional conferences, as well as quarterly CPD events and monthly CadCon meetings.
Led by an experienced Board made up of experienced surveyors, our members range from sole practitioners to large multinational firms across the public and private sector.
Why Join Us?
WAIS represents over 220 surveying professional members in WA, ensuring we are the leading industry voice and part of the change management process for surveyors in Western Australia.
As a member you can:
- Have a voice on current events and future direction
- Engage with fellow Professionals
- Be recognised as being a member of a professional institution
- Attend industry and Partner events
- Gain Continuing Professional Development and
- Network with friends and colleagues at social events
We welcome membership from all practicing surveyors, students and retired members of the Surveying community. Your membership is recognised by the MWAIS acronym.
Partnerships and Affiliations
WAIS affiliates itself with other professional bodies such as:
- DMIRS – Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- LSLB – Land Surveyors Licencing Board of Western Australia (The body that is empowered to License Surveyors on behalf of the government)
In addition, we represent our members on various committees such as Strata Titles Act Review (STAR).